We know a lot of RVers love bringing their faithful furry friends on RV adventures, however, it is not always an easy feat!
We’ve put together a list of tips for traveling with pets that could come in the handy next time you’re on the road with them.
1. Buckle Up! It may seem fun to have your pet leisurely walk around the RV, but unfortunately, it’s not a good idea when it comes to safety. We all have to buckle up and so do your pets. You never know what’s going to happen out there on the road, but it’s best to be prepared.
2. Pack Right. Do you have everything you’ll need for your pet while you’re away? Leashes, harnesses, food, water, bowls, toys, brush, litter, crate, blankets, medicine, etc. Check your list twice because there may not be a pet store close by.
3. Update Tags. Does your pet have the latest information on its tag? The pets name and your phone number are the most important, but you might also want to give more information like your name and the address of your veterinarian.
4. Documentation. Not only do you need to think about updating their tags, but it’s also a good idea to travel with your pet’s documentation. Proof of ownership, vaccination records, as well as photos of your pet can come in handy.
5. Prepare for Pit Stops! We all gotta go and stretch our legs. Think about stopping at places where your furry friend can run and/or play to break up the road trip.
Do you have one or two that you’d like to add? Comment below. We’d love to hear it.