Just north of Starks off of LA 109 is a peaceful little destination known as Alligator Park. The park features a number of amenities including a new fishing pier (pictured above), an indoor rentable pavilion, camper sites, a boat launch, picnic tables and a picturesque fishing bridge.
• Boat Launch: Alligator Park has a public boat launch into Old River Slough, which is a tributary of the Sabine River.
• Camping: This park has eight RV camper sites with full hook-ups available. For rental information, refer to the Alligator Park rates and regulations below.
• Pavilion: A pavilion is available at Alligator Park to rent for various activities such as family reunions, receptions, parties, etc. The pavilion has air conditioning and heating; 15,8-foot folding tables; 75 chairs; full-sized refrigerator; microwave and stove. It measures 36-feet-by-46-feet (1,632 square feet) and accommodates approximately 100 people. For rental information, refer to the Alligator Park rates and regulations below.
Note: This pavilion must be reserved in person from 8 a.m.- 5 p.m. Monday- Friday at the Calcasieu Parish Police Jury Facility Management Office, 11th floor, 901 Lakeshore Drive, Lake Charles.
• Picnic: Picnic tables are located all throughout the park.
• Public Restroom with showers are available.
For questions regarding parish parks or pavilion availability, call (337) 721-3540 Monday thru Friday, 8 a.m.- 5 p.m. or contact email@example.com.
No commercial or fundraising activities are allowed at these facilities.
Users of these facilities are responsible for cleanup.
ALLIGATOR PARK RATES AND REGULATIONS
- RV campsites with electricity can be rented for $12 per night.
- Length of stay is limited to 14 continuous days in a 30-day period.
ALLIGATOR PAVILION RENTAL RATE Rental $60.00 Refundable Clean-Up Fee $25.00 Total Rental Fee $85.00 Additional Clean-Up Fee for Seafood Boils $25.00
- This pavilion is rented on a daily basis from 8 a.m. – 1 a.m. (one hour after midnight).
- Clean-up fee is refundable if the building is cleaned by renter.
- Boiled crawfish/shrimp/crabs or fish fries are only allowed outside this pavilion. Proper disposal of water and waste is required.
- This pavilion must be reserved in person at the Calcasieu Parish Police Jury Facility Management Office on the 11th Floor at 901 Lakeshore Drive, Lake Charles, Louisiana, Monday thru Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
For more information, please contact our Facilities Management staff at 721-3540 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also make a reservation online at this link.