You never know whether it’s going to be good weather or bad on your camping trips. Here are a few really good things to keep in mind:
- Avoid hiking in areas prone to flash flooding
- Don’t camp near streams or rivers
- Remain hydrated/bring extra water
- Wear light, loose-fitting clothing
- Use sunscreen
- If you hear thunder or see lightning… go immediately to an enclosed building or hardtop vehicle
- Avoid isolated trees or ridgetops
It’s also a good idea to check the forecast before you go, but don’t count on it 100%.
Always pack for inclement weather regardless of what the weatherman says, no matter what!
Happy Camping, and Happy Labor Day weekend!