Let’s face it, you can’t eat out as much when you’re camping! It doesn’t matter if you’re a home chef or a newbie, these recipes will be crowd-pleasers everywhere you go!
Slow Cooker Taco Soup
This is a great one-pot recipe that you can put together in the morning, and come back to at supper time!
- In a medium skillet, cook the ground beef until browned over medium heat. Drain, and set aside.
- Place the ground beef, onion, chili beans, kidney beans, corn, tomato sauce, water, diced tomatoes, green chile peppers and taco seasoning mix in a slow cooker.
- Mix to blend, and cook on Low setting for 8 hours.
Lemon Chicken and Rice
Classic grilled chicken with rice is one of our favorites in the camper. This recipe can be done in one skillet and takes only 30 minutes. This is how it’s done:
- Heat a large skillet (with lid) over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder and parsley.
- Add the butter to the skillet and cook chicken in hot butter until browned, but not cooked all the way through (about 2 minutes per side). Remove chicken from skillet to a plate nearby.
- Add the rice, chicken stock, lemon zest, lemon juice, and parsley to the skillet over medium heat and use a wooden spoon to scrape the browned bits from the pan. Let the rice come to a small boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Place the chicken on top of the rice mixture, cover with a lid and let cook an additional 20 to 25 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
Pot Roast and Potatoes
Who doesn’t love a good pot roast and potatoes? It’s comfort food 101. All you have to do is follow the steps below:
- Rinse the roast and pat it dry. Mix salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, thyme, and rosemary and rub into the roast on all sides.
- Heat olive oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Brown roast on all sides; about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Place carrots, onion, garlic, and potatoes into the slow cooker. Pour in beef broth, then set the browned chuck roast on top.
- Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours or on high for 5-6 hours.
- Transfer the meat and vegetables to a serving dish. Combine water and cornstarch in a small bowl then pour into the slow cooker. Whisk together to combine. Cover and cook on high for 5 minutes, just enough to thicken the gravy.
Grilled Shrimp, Sausage and Corn Grill Packets
If you’re in the South, you can be sure to find shrimp, frozen or fresh, around somewhere! This meal is easy to make ahead of time. The foil packets are packed with shrimp, sausage, corn, and potatoes. It’s a full entree with zero clean-up!
- Get the grill going!
- Cut four sheets of foil, about 12-inches long. Divide shrimp, sausage, corn, and potatoes into 4 equal portions and add to the center of each foil in a single layer.
- Fold up all 4 sides of each foil packet. Add olive oil, cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper, to taste; gently toss to combine. Fold the sides of the foil over the shrimp, covering completely and sealing the packets closed.
- Place foil packets on the grill and cook until just cooked through, about 12-15 minutes.
Sausage Egg Burritos
This is a great breakfast, but it could also be made as an early lunch or brinner! Everyone loves brinner, right? Here’s how to make it:
- Cook the breakfast sausage according to package directions. …
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. …
- Spread out the tortillas onto a baking sheet. …
- Sprinkle an equal amount of shredded cheese on top of each tortilla. …
- Roll up the burrito and serve.
There are plenty more great camping recipes out there, but there are just a few good ones to master on the road. We’ll be back with more!
Comment below with your favorite recipes, we’d love to hear them.